Darren has a 30-year career in Business, Leadership, and Information Technology with TXU Energy, Microsoft, ClubCorp, TeksInc, and Simpatico. Darren founded TeksInc in 2003, a multimillion-dollar IT company, which he sold to Simpatico in 2019. Darren lead the acquisition and served as Vice President of Customer Experience. Darren embodies a strong commitment to the Customer Experience.
Part of the role as owner of TeksInc was helping clients with their business challenges with systems, processes, and people. Darren’s business experience also includes owning and operating In The Pattern Flight School and Aviation Services and a real estate investment business.
Darren’s experience in the corporate, small business, entrepreneur, and business ownership capacities along with the ProActive Leadership Group’s and Gravitas Impact’s training, certifications, and resources give him a powerful and comprehensive effectiveness in helping businesses and organizations resolve business issues, grow revenue, scale up, and reach their goals and maximum potential.
With decades of strong business and personal relationships through networking groups, Chambers of Commerce, Church and other Volunteer Organizations, and Municipal Government, Darren strongly believes in developing business by building genuine relationships.
Outside of work, Darren enjoys time with family and staying involved with church and community. It’s also important to Darren to stay healthy and active as a runner, cyclist and weightlifter (although you couldn’t tell it!). Darren holds his private pilot’s license and enjoys flying for business, pleasure, and non-profit events.
- Service-related businesses
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing and Fabrication
- Customer Experience Strategy and Net Promotor Systems
- Strategic Planning
- Information Technology Systems
- Organizational Assessment and Alignment
- Executive Coach & Business Strategist, ProActive Leadership Group
- Managing Partner, In The Pattern Fight School and Aviation Services
- Board Member, Dallas Executive Association
- CEO and Founder, TeksInc IT Solutions
- VP Customer Experience, Simpatico Systems
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the Administrative Board, Christ United Methodist Church
- Committee member, Town of Addison Bond Committee
- Committee member, Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Committee
- Committee member, City of Carrollton Traffic Advisory Committee
- Committee members of various other committees with church, municipal, and volunteer organizations
- Southern Methodist University - Cox School of Business, Business Management Certification
- AAS - Digital Microprocessor Technology
- Leadership Class XX, Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce